Friday, February 17, 2012

Compassion In Action|February17/2012

For the first time in my life after over 30 years of ministry I felt deep compassion for an individual.
It rained today in Tampa. As our ministry team handed out water, cupcakes and candies to the homeless, tears rolled from my eyes as I handed a bag of candies to a homeless man. He was lying on the cold concrete under an  overhead traffic way. He must have been cold because he was covered from head to toes leaving only his face out. As I handed him the candy he looked at me, smiled and said," Thank you". I do not know why, but such compassion came over me. Tears sprung up from deep within me. I turned away quickly. I did not want him to see me crying. I now understand how  Jesus felt when he used to walk the streets and saw the poor, blind and lame and those who were oppressed. .

Few months ago God laid it on my heart to build a home for the homeless. It is a day like today that such a home would be in good stead for the homeless, especially when it rains.

My desire to build this home was rekindled today. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment